Common rashes are often called dermatitis, meaning irritation of the skin; they involve changes in the color or texture of the skin including skin redness or inflammation. Body rash or skin rash is more often than not an irritation on the skin. Clear skin is free from germs. But an irritated skin is a cause of trouble. Chafing of the skin is more likely to occur where two moist areas meet, such as in the groins or buttocks or under the arms.
Itchy skin can be painful and irritating, and scratching it often makes it worse. Medically, it is called prorates, and it is caused by a number of factors. A number of things can cause itchy skin together with eczema and dryness: if itchy skin persists, or is linked with areas of redness and irritation, consider seeing a doctor to have your skin looked at more closely.
Causes of Skin Rash and Itching: –
The causes of itchy skin rashes are as varied as the types of rashes and include viruses, fungal infections, coming into contact with a plant like poison oak, ivy, or sumac, bacteria, allergic reactions to food or medicine, or genetics.
Symptoms of Skin Rash and Itching: –
• What is a rash?
• Common causes of rashes
• Acute skin rashes
• Chronic rashes
• Medical conditions associated with a skin rash
• Medical warning signs
Home Remedies for Skin Rash and Itching: –
• Home remedies to stop an itching rash include common pantry items like baking soda and lemon juice. You can also make your own herbal teas and salves.
• A good remedy for itchy burning bumps or skin rashes condition is Turmeric. This is to be dried and then ground to make a powder form. Turmeric powder is also available but freshly made powder is preferred. Take half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and mixed with water should be taken two times a day till the rash subsides.
• The best way to reap the benefits of aloe vera is to use the actual fresh gel from the plant. At the time of application, slice off a portion of the leaf and directly apply the gel to the affected area.
• One in particular, baking soda has been used for many years successfully. You can apply baking soda as a paste, or if you have itchy skin everywhere, add it to warm bath water and soak. Lemon juice mixed with oatmeal or cornstarch also makes an effective paste for localized itching.
• Red itchy bumps or rash can be due to systemic disturbance and first that has to be ruled out as it can cause medical emergencies. After that one can continue with the above given measures for its healing.
• Jewelweed: Provides relief from poison oak, poison ivy rash, insect bites and bee stings. To use, crush the fresh leaves into a ball and rub over the rash as quickly as possible