You may wish to consider detoxification for psoriasis to help keep your skin disorder under control. After all, there is no known conventional cure for psoriasis but there are a few alternative ways to help reduce the intensity of your skin eruptions.
According to naturopathic doctors, treating psoriasis can be addressed by correcting abnormal liver function. Psoriasis has been found to be linked to the presence of several microbial by products in the blood. These symptoms indicate an abnormal function of the liver, which is responsible for the filtering and detoxifying the blood. With microbial by products found in the blood, it goes to imply that your liver is either overloaded with these toxins or that there is a slow down in its detoxification and cleansing abilities.
Psoriasis is a chronic disorder characterized by skin that forms red lesions. The red lesions develop into scales or patches and make you itch and scratch, leaving ugly marks. The intensity of your skin disorder is likely to differ from that of another person. You can either have a massive outbreak or a mild outbreak with just a few patches. Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder. It is usually genetic but is not infectious or contagious.
Naturopathic doctors say that your skin inflammation, scales and flakes are obvious signs of excessive toxins. Detoxification for psoriasis should help to remove harmful toxins and poisons from your liver and body. There are in fact many ways to detoxify for psoriasis and you may wish to adopt a combination where appropriate:
1. Detox diet. Consult a naturopathic doctor for dedicated detox diet program that focuses on liver cleanse and to help you treat your psoriasis. Do take note that women who are pregnant should not go on a detox diet nor consider any form of detoxification during their pregnancy. Also, if you are taking any conventional medications, get the advice of your doctor before going on a detox diet.
In all situations, a healthy and balanced diet is advised. Try not to consume food or drinks that will worsen your skin disorder. Avoid caffeine, such as coffee. Spicy food and alcohol should be restricted. Refrain from red meat, shellfish and tropical fruits. You need to keep hydrated so drinking lots of water and herbal teas are recommended for psoriasis.
2. Herbal supplements. Several types of herbal supplements are sold in health stores. They can help detoxify your liver, strengthen your immunity system and can prevent the psoriasis from recurring. Examples of herbs found in these supplements include Peony Red, Moutan, Gardenia, Salvia, Millettia, Sophora (root), Lithospermum, Rehmannia Raw, Isatis Root, and Smilax.
3. Homeopathy. Homeopathy is an alternative treatment with results to show that it is effective for many types of diseases. See a homeopathic practitioner for a remedy to help improve liver function and for detoxification purposes.
4. Hydra detox system. Hydra detox system a new age method for detoxification of psoriasis. It is a machine by which you immerse your feet, for approximately half an hour, in water that is charged. The machine works on the concept of ions and helps to remove the harmful toxins through the pores of your feet.
5. Reduce stress toxins. Psoriasis like most other diseases worsens on your skin when you are under high levels of stress. Stress increases your toxin levels, resulting in a weakened immune system and malfunctions in your body. Ways to help bring down stress levels include meditation, yoga and sleeping well.